Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt

I love Valentine's Day, but I love it for all the little, thoughtful ways you can show someone you love them. I do not love it so that someone will buy me a big expensive diamond and I do not love it enough to wait two hours to eat dinner out. So my family has it's own little traditions. Which had to be squeezed in this year since Valentine's Day was on an ordinary Tuesday when Scott and I already had our regular Tuesday night tickets to a show at the Orpheum and we found out that Ryan's first basketball practice would be that night!

When the kids got home, we quickly did their traditional scavenger hunt (my mom started this with my sister and I when we were little).


It is so fun to do it now when Ryan can read and figure out the clues:


Jillian even figured out one that Ryan misinterpretted and found the next clue! The final prize was out in the garage:


New books for everyone:


Except me, I got Gigi's cupcakes! They are so huge, Scott and I had to split one!


And what better way to say Happy Valentine's Day than with basketball?

1 comment:

nanny said...

I'm so glad you get to carry on this tradition. Looks like your 2 like it like you and Katy did. Also love the ponytail.