Saturday, December 03, 2011

Look what the boys made me...

My wonderful sister-in-laws got us our nativity statues many years ago (maybe before we were married). We always set them out on top of burlap and sometimes surround them with pine branches cut off our tree (which we obviously can't do this year).

Today I told Scott what I really wanted for Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus (who I prefer to leave off the scene until Christmas, but I usually get overruled) was a stable.

We looked at a few online and came up with our own little sketch. Then the boys went to work:


And here's what they came up with. I LOVE it! All I really wanted was something simple.


I am impressed at Scott's ability to take a woodworking idea and create it!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I love it! Great job, Scott & Ryan!

nanny said...

It is beautiful. Nice job boys.