Sunday, November 06, 2011

Christmas Card Photo Shoot

Today, my family humored me as we did our annual Christmas cards photo shoot. I thought this field at Shelby Farms might be a good spot and that the hay could be a good back drop. Tried out some "poses" I'd seen on photography blogs.

I like the idea of the family all standing, but it didn't work out too well. Not sure why...maybe too far away?



Got this cute one:


Next we tried sitting down. This one probably would have been it if Bentley hadn't been blocking Ryan's face. Don't be surprised if you see this pose in the future...I like the composition.


Being silly...the timer feature can takeup to 10 consecutive pictures.


Trying to get two kids and a dog to sit still and look at the camera may be impossible!






We have a winner!



A few good individual shots (no tripod or timer necessary):



Ryan took control of the camera for a bit:



And got this shot that I LOVE! The color, the angle, the composition! It's just a fun, whimsical shot (which is why it's now my FB photo!):


Why, yes, I'll wear your glasses, Mama. Do you mind if I wear them upside-down? It's the only way to go!


Over to the dog park. Caught some "God light."


And a parting shot:

1 comment:

JenniferL. said...

I think for the first picture you just needed to tilt your camera more towards the sky. The sky to grass ratio is not right. I like that position too!