Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Joys of Summer: Downtown Memphis


Today started with blueberry pancakes! Scott flipped them to be sure I didn't burn them:


Then there were some stickers:


And a little fort:





Then we headed dowtown. First up: the Peabody Ducks. It's been awhile since we have done this and I think it was Jillian's first time!






The Barbour family:




My little cutie-pie:




Went here for lunch:




Hooray for paper boats!



Some interesting sights:



And some funny instructions:



Next it was off to possibly the only activity one can do outdoors in Memphis in the hot summer: Mud Island River Park!




Jillian was steadier than I expected:





She and Ezra enjoyed splashing:



All the kids went under one of the bridges:




Including Jillian:



Out she comes:





Love this one:




Hanging near the fountain:



Snack break:




Me and the kids:



Back at home we enjoyed some homemade guacamole:




Later that evening, the kids watched Gnomeo and Juliet:



And after the kids went to bed I learned a new game (actually won the first hand!):


1 comment:

The Hanlons said...

I'll love that cutie pie picture of Jillian!