Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ice Skating!

The Memphis Zoo built an ice rink for the holidays last year and kept it up through January. It was too crowded when we went to Zoo Lights, but we promised we'd come back. Flash-forward to this weekend, the final weekend of ice skating and we still haven't gone!

Scott's been traveling a lot this month, so I just decided it was time. Got a sitter for Jillian and Ryan and I headed out. It was his first time:


I warned him he would fall a lot, but he kept getting up and trying again. He preferred holding my hand to holding the wall. Eventually, he was just holding my finger and getting his balance better.



And by the end, he was doing it on his own:


Our friends Melissa, Mason and Doug joined us too:


I am so proud of Ryan's efforts and attitude today!

3 comments:

Aunt Katy said...

So cool! Way to go, Ryan!

Sonya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya said...

Great skating Ryan! Amy sometime when you guys are up here for a visit Kyle and Ryan can do some skating together.