Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

It all started with an awful lot of people in our bed! Ryan spends the night in our room Christmas Eve, Jillian joined us when she woke up, and Katy couldn't pass up the party!



The kids came out:



They checked out santa's note first. Jillian finished up the cookie he didn't get to:


This is a tradition I got from my sister-in-law...we started the morning with the Christmas story. I was going to use one of the sripture versions, but Ryan brought home a kids version, so he and I practiced all week and he read it to us this morning:


And then, finally, it was time for Santa's gifts:


One thing Ryan asked for, a Maryland sweatshirt:


Jillian got some Tinkerbell pj's from Aunt Gus:


Mom got a new camera:


and we got to be her very first picture:


Scott stuffed my stocking with all sorts of odds and ends. These are things I think make great stocking stuffers (lotion, candy, little things) until I found out he had gotten them all from my own bathroom cabinet! :)


Ryan got Scott a book of family wood project plans:


Ryan made me a handprint wreath wall hanging:


Santa brought Jillian a little people car:

And Nanny & Gramps got her...


a little people doll house!


Whew! That was a whirlwind! Notice a few unwrapped things on Jillian's chair? She was into playing with each gift she opened, so we'll just save those til tomorrow. Or maybe her birthday!


I always felt a bit unfortunate because we have to travel over the holidays to be able to see all of our family. However, I learned this year that I don't have to travel at all on Christmas day and that makes for a very relaxing day. A day you can stay in your pj's all day if you'd like!

So, we stayed home and played:

The kids in their new tent:


Jillian and her new baby stroller (she is SO into babies right now!):


Ryan making pot holders (thanks Aunt Gus!):


And my favorite shot of the day...hope we get some snow to try these out!

No comments: