Thursday, March 11, 2010

My First Birthday

The donut at breakfast was just the beginning of a super-fun first birthday for me!

We had a beautiful day, so we went to Shelby Farms to swing:



And played with rocks:

Then, back at home, we all played ball outside. I like Ryan's new tee-balls:


Casey does, too:




Grandad winds up:


Ryan waits for his pitch:


And, swing!


Finally, before dinner, they let me open my presents. After all, I am the Birthday Girl (thanks, Mommy, for making me this cool shirt!):


I really like this opening presents thing:


Giving hugs to my frog:


A rocking chair from Grammy and Grandad:


And then it was cake time! Mommy was worried I wouldn't go for it because I had been fussy all through dinner!


Hmmm. What's this?


Mommy gives me a taste:


Maybe I'll try it:


I think I like it!


A little in the ear:


Mommy's been trying to teach me the sign for "all done." This is my sign (drop the food on the floor):


Mommy tries a bit more:


Ryan wanted to be part of the fun, too:



BTW, if you think I've shared too many pictures, you should know that my grandmother took about 90 shots of me eating cake! Your first cake only happens once, you know!

3 comments:

JenniferL. said...

no such thing as too many pictures!

Katy said...

Love the shot of Ryan!

cory said...

i adore the first birthday cake! great shots.