Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ice Skating!

Earlier this month during the really cold spell, folks were skating on a field at Shelby Farms. They flood it in the winter time and it was a safe frozen place to go skate and play hockey. I thought it was really cool and thought about dragging out my skates to try it out (Ryan wanted to go, too!). Ended up not doing it, and kind of regretted it. I mean, how often do you get the chance to ice skate outdoors in Memphis?

Apparently, more often then you think:




Jillian and I both laid down for naps this morning, but the boys got me back up with the promise of ice skating in the backyard. They seemed to think the ice would hold me.


It did, a little. The patio was the best place to do it.


Then we tried around front. The sidewalks and the road worked out great!



The boys also did a little more sledding, since it will probably melt today.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Well, I do believe you are the only person in Memphis I know who owns a pair of ice skates!! Party on!