Friday, October 03, 2008

Playing School

Ryan was writing letters on his whiteboard today when he said to me, "Mommy, go write a 'T' on the board." I realized he was mimicing what they must do in his class when they go over the date. I told him he should get some of his stuffed animals to be his students.

So he is starting to play school (or as he told Scott tonight, "teach"). He wrote "today" on the board all by himself (as they have on the board in their classroom)
and then wrote October after I spelled it for him (look at that grip!).
He had me come to the board to to write the "3," but soon took my advice and got some new students.
Between this, playing the brother when he played house today, and taking his tools outside to play construction worker on his jungle gym, I'd say we are getting more into imaginative play. Yippee!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

That is so cute! I used to make my little brother do worksheets that I created. Poor guy!

aunt katy said...

That's awesome!! Go Ryan!! Wish my handwriting on a whiteboard looked that good.
P.S. If he decides to put a skylight or whirlpool tub in the jungle gym, you know who to call for product info!

nanny said...

Oh my gosh, he is just too cute and adorable. Great pictures and story. Tell him he can play school with Nanny when he comes at Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I want you to come to San Diego, Ryan...play school with your Aunt Sandy...your handwriting is sooooooooooooo good - way to go!