Sunday, June 08, 2008

This is where I used to...

Katy and I repeated this phrase quite a bit on Sunday as we walked around our old high school. The initial reason for my trip back east was to attend a reception for alumni that Linganore High School was hosting. They will be razing the building this summer to build a new one.


This is where I walked in every morning...




This is where I took gym class, and received my silver bowl at baccaulaureate...





This is the room where I spent thousands of hours for band class & practice & just hanging out (you all knew I was a band geek, right?)...





This is where I walked down the hall, had my locker, hung out with friends...





This is where I waited for the bus most days (it was the first in the line)...





This was my best friend (didn't know she would be there-so good to see her!)...


And since we were all the way out in Frederick, Katy and I decided to check on some other things, too. So this is where I got married...


They are rebuilding it after the fire 4 years ago (gosh, 4 years ago last week!), but this front part is part of the original church they have kept to be a chapel in the new church. It should be done in September.

And this is where I grew up...

All of you who have heard me talk about the hill I used to sled down, that's it.

So quite a walk down memory lane. Hope I didn't bore you!

5 comments:

nanny/mom said...

Wow, look how big the trees are at our house!!!! and where are all the summer flowers? Memories abound...glad you both got to take the trip. Love, Mom

Gramps said...

You can tell they've had some rain.....that grass looks good. Sometimes I miss riding the tractor on that hill, but the little lot I've got now keeps me busy enough. Sounds like the day at Linganore was fun. Thanx for the memories.

JenniferL. said...

That is so fun!

Aunt Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing your trip down memory lane! xxxxoooo

carrie ann said...

Boring, boring, boring! ;)

Of course we like the stories & pictures; why else do we visit your blog?!