Tuesday, June 12, 2007

From this weekend...

I flew up to DC to take my sister away to celebrate her 30th birthday. We drove to Fayetteville, West Virginia, home of the New River Gorge and Bridge.

This is the highest arch bridge in the western hemisphere and is the site of the annual Bridge Day on the third Saturday in October. They close down the bridge and over 800 BASE jumpers jump off of it!

Her big surprise was that we were going climbing and rappelling for a few hours on Saturday. We had a great guide through Hard Rock Climbing and he found us some great beginner's spots. It was amazing! The whole place was beautiful! Plenty of opportunities to hike, too.


If you do ever venture here, we recommend Pies and Pints, Sedona Grille, and Cathedral Cafe (wonderful breakfast!).

4 comments:

Katy said...

Thank you sooooo much for an amazing trip!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Love ya!

Beverly said...

Amy, I am content to let you do the climbing and repelling, but I do like to hear about it. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Gramps said...

..and that's why I never regreted not having sons!!!!

cory said...

Wish I could've been there with you two! Sounds like an amazing trip. Happy belated birthday Katy! (Oh no! And you too Amy! I totally missed it. We'll celebrate in a couple weeks though. Can't wait!)